Job Description Summary
Global Technology Services (GTS) is Aegon's global IT partner
that provides infrastructure services, information security and
global/corporate application support for Aegon's businesses around
From 6 locations in the US, the Netherlands, UK, and Hungary, we
support 20+ country units and 24000+ employees in the world. Our
support consists of a wide range of centralized global IT services
such as programming, database management, project management,
agile/dev/ops, and more.
We continue to maximize the value from having a clear digital
and data technology platform strategy that extends our ecosystem,
as an approach to digitization, enhancing customer experience, and
improving operational efficiency.
All of these teams work closely together to provide innovative
and digital solutions as well as critical technology support. This
is essential for enabling Aegon's businesses around the globe to be
innovative, digital and competitive, efficient, and effective, and
to provide the best solutions and customer experience for our
customers and shareholders.
The intermediate scheduler is responsible for managing global
batch schedules, utilizing BMC Workload Automation - Control-M
scheduling tool. Works with our customers to build, modify and
streamline their mainframe and distributed batch schedules in
various environments. Maintain daily reports and trouble shoot
incidents as they come to the team.
What You Will Do:
- Fulfill a variety of scheduling request tickets submitted by
customers on a daily basis as well as the ability to prioritize
sequencing of those tickets.
- Maintain daily reports of scheduling variances and work
incidents as they come in.
- Maintain scheduling calendars and supporting process
documentation and procedures.
- Participate in project related work and assist in
designing/scheduling new applications.
- Effectively apply fundamental concepts, work on assignments of
moderate scope and complexity with limited oversight, make
recommendations for changes to procedures, and perform varied work,
requiring a good deal of originality or ingenuity.
What You Will Need:
- Associates degree in computer science or equivalent scheduling
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in mainframe and distributed
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong mainframe and distributed scheduling knowledge within
Workload Automation - Control-M., and TSO skills.
- Strong mainframe skills including TSO, SDSF and experience with
JCL and other operational functionality
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills and
displays a self-driven, proactive work ethic while exhibiting
extensive problem solving skills and initiative.
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a
good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant
to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay
Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful
Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful
candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from
Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not
necessarily receive the same compensation.
The salary for this position generally ranges between $62,000 -
$85,250. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee
qualifications, operational needs and other considerations
permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated
amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule
This position is also typically eligible for an annual bonus
based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at
Company Discretion at a rate of 7.5%.
- Office based or work from home environment
- Non-traditional work hours as needed
- Rotating after hours On-Call. Amount per year based on number
of full time employees
- 24x7x365 contact availability as needed for Subject Matter
- Small team that requires effective and timely communications
using a variety of methods
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package.
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value
differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of persons and
are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work