Lead Commercial Construction Technician
Company: Ameritech Facility Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Application is Required
- Travel is required
Summary of Position: The Lead Tech will manage and perform
duties such as facility improvements in Restaurants and Retail
Establishment and manage the crew assisting with completion of
project. Strong knowledge of Carpenter remodeling for Restaurants
to include some experience in all fields, including HVAC, Plumbing,
Electric and Mechanical.
Job Responsibilities: Assist the General Manager/Project
Manager/Superintendents with managing and completing building or
equipment repairs, demolition, removal and/or installation of
equipment, and general construction tasks on time and under budget.
This will involve:
- Effective communication with General Manager/Project
Manager/Superintendents to ensure complete understanding of scope
- Performing duties with minimal supervision
- Meetings with customers and store personnel to review
- Leading a crew of techs
- Reporting crew performance issues to General Manager/Project
- Ensuring self and crew obtain adequate rest to effectively and
safely complete assigned projects
- Conducting surveys to assist with estimating and creation of
- Sourcing and coordinating sub-contractors as needed
- Ability to follow scope of project as described by General
Manager/Project Manager/ Superintendents
- Understanding of jobsite protocols specific to project and
- Ability to recognize problems outside of scope and effectively
communicate to General Manager/Project Manager/Superintendents
- Purchasing and delivering needed materials in a timely
- Daily reporting to General Manager/Project
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Ensuring crew reports to work and takes appropriate breaks and
- Maintaining composure when faced with adverse situations and
rapidly changing environments
- Ensuring quality of workmanship from self and crew
- Use of basic tools and the ability to install or assemble by
- Heavy lifting, standing, bending, and reaching
- Working a flexible schedule of days, nights, or weekends
- Performing the job safely by demonstrating full awareness of
his/her surroundings. Will utilize proper safety techniques and
equipment use when necessary. Will be proactive in alerting
Management of any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize. Must follow special
instructions and schedules.
- Communicating effectively both internally and externally with
all customers. Must be prepared to field questions and proactively
develop plans of action in regards to resolving issues.
- Maintaining a clean and professional appearance
- Completion of accurate and timely paperwork and reports,
photos, recaps, itineraries, time sheets, expense reports, etc. on
a scheduled basis
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: These requirements
are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill,
and ability required to perform this job. Knowledge and experience
in General Contracting
- Demonstrated ability to use hand tools.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and under
- Computer skills
- General knowledge of all trades
- Must have reliable transportation, valid drivers license
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder.
- Must have a valid email address
- Knowledge of construction safety and safety procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills Extremely Organized
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Access to reliable transportation to reach customer
- Dependable and able to work a flexible schedule including
nights and weekends
- Ability to travel 75-100% of time
These physical demands are representative of the physical
requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. While performing the
responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to:
- Move about the work site working around people and
- Occasionally ascends/descend a ladder or stairs
- Operate tools or equipment
- Positions self to install or remove equipment, including
maneuvering in small spaces
- Frequently communicates with customers and co-workers while
performing job tasks
- Move equipment weighing in excess of 50 lbs.
This is a list of the major responsibilities, duties, and
physical demands required of this position and may not be
all-inclusive. Nothing in this job description restricts the
Companys right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to
this job at any time. The company delivers services out of state.
Travel for work out of state may be necessary. We try to distribute
those interstate trips to all of the drivers and all drivers are
subject to assignment to make those interstate trips.
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: Ameritech Facility Services, Louisville , Lead Commercial Construction Technician, Other , Eastwood, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!