Finance Manager, Southern Hub
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description :
Job Title Job Code
Finance Manager, Southern Hub
To provide financial, compliance and business performance
leadership to two North America Supply sites in Kentucky. To work
collaboratively with operations to drive efficiencies, productivity
initiatives and the most appropriate allocation of resources and
investment to create value for Diageo. Specifically:
- Drive performance and decision making process at the
Shelbyville and Lebanon sites through providing financial support
- Lead the development of the annual plans, delivery of financial
results and development and implementation of strategic
- Lead accurate, timely and financially astute profit and loss
and balance sheet management. Support ongoing business performance
- Maintain strong internal control & compliance environment.
- Lead the development/execution of best in class tools and
techniques to drive simpler, faster and better reporting and
- Identify & pro-actively manage risks and opportunities and
provide performance insights.
Decision Making / Financial Responsibility
Collectively Shelbyville and Lebonan distill, mature and bottle
various North American Whisky brands for Diageo, including Bulleit,
George Dickel, Blade & Bow and Orphan Barrel.
The Finance Manager leads the financial reporting, accounting
and analysis that supports these sites. This includes building
awareness and accountability within the organization, reducing
complexity, and optimizing business processes
- Reports to Finance Director, Supply Operations.
- Part of Plant Leadership Teams.
- Manage and influence stakeholders across multiple sites and
other functions. Build strong relationships quickly.
Complexity of Role
- The role requires significant in-depth knowledge of accounting,
planning, reporting, analysis and controls.
- Understanding of end to end Supply chain and cost accounting,
including requirements and transactions relating to maturing
- Strong leadership skills as part of Plant Leadership Team.
- Ability to impact performance and implement continuous
- Change management capabilities and business transformation
- Building and leveraging relationships across difference
business functions and geographies are essential to delivering
Key Outputs / Deliverables
- Provide exceptional business partnering support and financial
oversight for the sites to help drive effective decision
- Lead the development of the annual operating plan (AOP) and
monthly LE forecasts/R&O (risks and opportunities).
- Lead the monthly close process and preparation of financial and
operational performance reports including BPM reporting and
- Manage the accuracy and data integrity of the B/S and
- Be able to connect transactional details to decision support
required to drive plant performance.
- Ensure that the correct controls and governance is in place to
meet CARM and Risk standards.
- 8+ years of financial management/accounting experience,
preferably within a manufacturing or fast moving & complex consumer
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required; a
professional accounting designation or MBA is preferred.
- Knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry supply chain
desirable (particularly distillation/maturation/bottling
- Strong technical accounting, planning, analysis, reporting and
systems expertise. SAP knowledge a plus.
- Proven ability to distill out complex business issues, provide
logical, compelling and clear plans for action.
- Requires excellent leadership/networking skills and ability to
lead and influence organizational change.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel required.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
Keywords: Diageo, Louisville , Finance Manager, Southern Hub, Other , Shelbyville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!