Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Grinder/Fryer Operator, under general supervision, is
responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
- Operates the processing equipment to produce
product within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to
the highest possible standard of quality.
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the
processing area in accordance with established procedures to
include change overs and preventative maintenance.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of issues
with the machine and makes minor adjustments as needed.
- Monitors raw material and product for
possible foreign matter.
- Monitors product and removes any out of spec
product or raw material.
- Follows sanitation procedures for sanitation
and change overs, including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste
- Communicates with team about production
needs for the day.
- With additional training, some Operators may
operate the Peeler station.
- May set up code dater for all pieces of
- Fryer operators participate in additional
training on treating oil and running kettles.
- Communicates and escalates quality issues to
appropriate team members.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety
and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and
- Keeps work area clean; removes trash from
work area floor; stores supplies in designated areas; keeps work
area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions;
identifies/reports defective equipment.
- Participates in 5S compliance program.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.
- Sitting: Seldom/ Frequently
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Occasionally
- Talking, Hearing: Frequently
- Tasting, Smelling: Occasionally
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in
the work environment is usually loud.
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust,
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Fair
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.