3rd Shift Packer AWS
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Summary (State overall purpose of the job in 2-3
The Packer is responsible for working in an area producing product
that is packed into trays/cartons for shipping. Prepares
cartons/carton displays, manually packs/palletizes product, and
completes final quality inspection of finished goods.
Essential Job Duties (Most important job duties
explained clearly and concisely. If mandatory overtime is required,
please list that here.)
- Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product packing by
folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing carton
ends together and placing cartons/trays on the work area. Checks to
ensure tape guns/taper have sufficient amount of tape.
- Visual Inspections of final product packaging for product
integrity including, but not limited to bag registration, code
dates, prices, bag and cases for proper seals. Removes out of
specifications product and communicates packaging problems.
- Fills cartons/displays based on packaging specs.
Ensures that products are packaged in cases with appropriate
corresponding labels; if applicable tapes and seals cartons.
- Stacks correct number of cartons/trays on pallets/skids
using correct stacking pattern. If applicable, utilizes pallet jack
to move finished goods weighing up to 300lbs.
- Clears loose product from turntable/area; discards
defective bags, boxes, trays; sweeps loose product off the
- Assists with product rework according to plant
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
- Keeps work area clean/adheres to 5S protocols.
- Stores packaging room supplies in designated
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
- Removes trash from work area floor; keeps turntables/area
clean; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights.
- Performs sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not
limited to equipment washes, seasoner cleanings, and
- Prepares line for startup and assist with any equipment
changeovers, when applicable.
- May operate tray making and/or stapling machines.
- Reports any issues to Machine Operators, Group Leader, or
Supervisor as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Louisville , 3rd Shift Packer AWS, Other , Jeffersonville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!