Certified Medical Assistant/Doctor's Assistant
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
A Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the
delivery of patient care through the gathering of information
during the clinical process under supervision of Registered Nurses.
Assists all nurses with performing activities commensurate with
his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
FT day shift
- Completed an accredited CMA course
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience preferred
- Currently certified as a Medical Assistant in the State if
certification is required by the State
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Consult with and is responsible to RN's and other staff as
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance
with established policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper
technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet individual
needs of patient.
- Participates in gathering information on patient history.
- Verifies medications.
- Makes appropriate referrals for follow-up.
- Adhere to work the work schedule as designated by your
supervisor to ensure continuity of care for the patient and
maintenance of staffing matrix for the client.
- Respond to code, or patient crisis as set forth by the sites
policy and procedure.
- Assists health care practitioner as assigned.
- Adhere to infection control techniques and principles.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of
- Assists in maintaining working areas, supplies, and equipment
in good working order.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings/ training.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Louisville , Certified Medical Assistant/Doctor's Assistant, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!