Package Machine Operator 2nd shift
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Packaging Machine Operator, under the general supervision,
is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
snack packaging machinery.
- Maintains shift documentation (i.e., Metal
Detector and Batch Order Verifications)
- Reads production schedule and plans
- Reads and interprets schedule in
- Able to print labels on different printers,
choosing correct program for each printer; move eye and clean
- Perform nitrogen testing.
- Efficiently maintains the operation of
packaging machinery by monitoring codes, dates and prices.
- Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock
and ensures all packaging materials are available for each
- Set up and write new programs for bag
- Writes and/or edits machine micro logic as
needed to maintain an efficient and low waste operation.
- Creating and modifying code dates.
- Performs preventative maintenance on
equipment. Sets up and makes minor scale repairs and adjustments.
- Perform span calibration and/or adjustments
on scales, adjust scales linkages so it opens and shuts correctly,
make minor adjustments to formers.
- Efficiently operates packaging equipment
which may include case sealers and robot cells. This includes but
is not limited to: machine setups, troubleshooting, changeovers,
proper running, procedural adjustments, sanitation cleanup,
preventative maintenance and shutdown.
- Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers
and efficiently changing from one product item to another.
- Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure
proper cut off of film and bags have proper end seals and back
seals as required.
- Ensures machines are running at standard
- Monitors product appearance and adheres to
weight control program.
- Identifies and resolves packaged product
- Properly accounts for product run off and
handles this product accordingly; sorts through and reworks all
- Keeps machines and work areas clean, wipes
packaging machines off and blows down area when required to do
- Immediately reports any maintenance problems
to appropriate technician and/or supervisor.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety
and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and
- Stores supplies in designated
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free
from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
- Follows instructions for safe
lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights;
identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related
injuries to supervision.
- May maintain shift documentation (i.e.,
Metal Detector and Batch Order Verifications).
- May provide leadership and direction to
- May be qualified to perform as Back-up
Packaging Coordinator, or other technical/skilled position.
- If applicable, may monitor and replenish
seasoning on overhead to ensure proper seasoning coverage on
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience
in a manufacturing environment required.
Must be able to comply with the physical demands of constantly
lifting and moving stock by hand or with manual equipment
(including pallet jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+
lbs. on a regular basis, and occasionally be able to lift/move more
than 50+ lbs. with mechanical or peer assistance.
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: (if applicable): Occasionally
- Two Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Frequently
- Pulling: Frequently
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Kneeling: Seldom
- Low Work Sitting: Seldom
- Squat: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Seldom
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 60 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 100 lbs.: Occasionally
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to hot and/or wet and/or humid conditions. The
employee may be exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or
airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Good
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: Fair
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Louisville , Package Machine Operator 2nd shift, Other , Jeffersonville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!