Company: Winston Industries
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Senior Buyer/Purchaser- Manufacturing
Are you a Buyer/Purchaser that has endured supply chain hell over
the last year or so? If so, Im not going to lie to youit probably
isnt going to be fixed anytime soon. The world is kind of a
dumpster fire right now, and supply chain isnt going to resolve
itself just because the year is ending soon. Sorry, we cant fix
What we can offer though is working for a company that understands
you arent to blame for a part getting stuck in port or a vendor
suddenly doubling lead time. Instead of blaming the purchasing
department, wed rather use our energy to eliminate all single-spec
components, finding additional partners, and improving our systems.
That takes investment. Fortunately, incoming orders are
skyrocketing, so we have already invested in a new upgraded ERP
system (Epicor, going live in July) and now we are ready to add to
our purchasing team.
Ideal candidates should be comfortable working within an ERP/MRP
system and understand that being a buyer is more than putting in
POs or just finding the lowest prices. They should also be able to
think strategically on vendor relationships, believe in
partnership, understand asset management fundamentals, and work
well within cross-functional teams. We want rock-stars at their
job, but we will still prioritize culture with all hiring. So, we
also expect this person to be team-oriented and play well with
Primary Job Responsibilities
* Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with
specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
* Ensure the continuous supply of required goods and materials;
communicating any supply problems which may pose a risk of impact
to business operations.
* Monitor market trends, competitor strategies, and supplier
* Develop creative, innovative, and partnership-centric procurement
* Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency
within purchasing that will add value, aid business performance,
and work towards continuous improvement.
* Negotiate contracts, improve pricing, optimize T&Cs, and
identify cost reduction opportunities.
* Ensure compliance with company guidelines, purchasing policies,
and procedures during supplier negotiation and contract award.
* Secure alternative sources for goods and materials, ensuring
redundancy of issues.
* Assist with the launch and optimization of identified ERP/MRP
* Provide necessary reporting for area and activities.
* Minimal of 5 years of experience in purchasing/buyer role,
possibly with a degree in the field, and ideally with experience
doing so in a manufacturing environment.
* Ability to read and comprehend complex design/drawings.
* Must be comfortable with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
programs and capable of learning other software systems.
* Regularly displays partnership-centric attitude, with the ability
to build strong relationships and work in team atmospheres.
* Knows the difference between ROP and rope.
* Great at problem solving, with the ability to perform magic
Keywords: Winston Industries, Louisville , Senior Buyer, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!