3rd Shift Youth Worker (Retention Bonus)
Company: St. Joseph Children's Home
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Who are we?St. Joseph Children's Home, located in the St.
Matthews area of Louisville, has evolved throughout the years to
become a multi-faceted, child caring nonprofit licensed by the
Commonwealth of Kentucky with the mission of "Giving Children a
Home."St. Joe's is no longer home to "orphans" but rather, children
who have been removed from their homes because they have
experienced severe abuse and neglect. St. Joe's has consistently
adapted to the needs of the community and now serves children and
families across three core programs: Residential Treatment Program,
Therapeutic Foster Care and Adoption program, and the Child
Development Center.St. Joe's serves children in all counties of
Kentucky, regardless of nationality, sexual orientation, race, or
creed. Since 1849, St. Joe's has provided a safe and loving home to
over 75,000 boys and girls. We will not quit until every child has
a family!We offer the following competitive benefits to our valued
- Pay: $16.50 per hour plus $1.00 Shift Diff
- $500 Retention Bonus , payable upon 90 days of satisfactory
- Double Pay for Overtime
- Flexible Schedules
- Full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K/403b Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Child Care DiscountWhat do we need?As a St. Joe's Residential
Youth Worker (3rd Shift) you'll be responsible for providing a
therapeutic milieu, ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of
clients in care, and the implementation of the treatment
program.More specifically, the candidate chosen for this role:
- Implements the child caring program by providing a therapeutic
milieu. Responds to clients' needs with fairness, objectivity,
firmness, care, and concern. Observes behavioral and emotional
climate within the group and with each individual client and
- Ensures the health and safety of clients in care.
- Provides input into client's treatment plans and goals.
Communicates with members of the treatment team in a timely and
accurate manner about pertinent issues and updates concerning the
client's progress or treatment needs.
- Supervises and assists residents in fulfilling daily
expectations of treatment goals and basic needs. Teaches clients
basic life skills such as housekeeping, hygiene, personal
appearance, etc. Supervises clients during activities such as
chores, studying, recreation, leisure activities, and bedtime
- Provides thorough documentation of each client and of each
days' events. Communicates in written and verbal form in a timely
and accurate manner with coworkers to ensure consistent treatment
interventions for the clients. Accurately documents significant
behaviors during shifts.
- Administers medication as prescribed and keeps accurate records
in the log. Follows policies and procedures related to medication
- Performs competently in crisis management and maintains
certification in SCM. Utilizes these skills as needed to assure the
safety of the individual clients.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Shares responsibility for the physical upkeep of the cottages
by reporting needed repairs, and maintaining an atmosphere of
cleanliness and order.
- Is responsible for obtaining forty (40) clock hours of required
staff development/training as set forth by St. Joseph Children's
Home Policy and Procedures, by COA, and the Commonwealth of
Kentucky. Sixteen hours of which must be successfully completed in
Safe Crisis Management. Must implement and use the tools acquired
during education sessions.
- Receives and completes required training involving medication
distribution.Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Experience preferred in providing appropriate care to clients,
winning their respect, guiding clients in their development,
managing a home effectively, and in the participation, management,
and implementation of a treatment program.
- Due to residential clients currently participating in
Non-Traditional Instruction, experience in a school setting is
preferred.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must become certified in:
- First Aid
- Safe Crisis ManagementPhysical Factors:
- Standing for up to eight (8) hours.
- Reaching above the shoulder level.
- Bending at the waist.
- Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling 50 max pounds.
- Repetitive kneeling movements to and from the floor.
- Sustained kneeling position for up to 10 minutes.
- Supporting another participant/client's body
Keywords: St. Joseph Children's Home, Louisville , 3rd Shift Youth Worker (Retention Bonus), Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!