Person In Charge-Full Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Location: New Albany
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17
states. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our
Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for
their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
The Person in Charge works closely with the Club Manager and
Assistant Club Manager in providing leadership and direction within
the club while driving club performance by maintaining policies and
procedures, delivering a positive service experience to Members,
and providing leadership and direction. Acts as a key holder for
The manager is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty (MOD)
as assigned. While MOD, the manager has responsibility to manage
the entire Club, including all Club departments, to ensure
excellent Member engagement, to address all concerns brought to the
MOD's attention, and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
* Know their business/business acumen. Exhibit strategic thinking
and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and utilization of
* Lead through change. Model leadership competencies to build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth.
* Communicate effectively. Provide the information teams require to
* Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. Provide honest and timely direction, follow up and
feedback that will drive business results and support team member
* Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
* Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures and
* Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. Lead with the team member
and member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any
concerns, as appropriate.
* Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
* Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.
* Guarantee service excellence through all points of contact.
* Set service standard expectations for all team members. Provide
team support and empowerment to resolve every member concern.
* Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
* Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
* Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
* Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Lead teams to deliver GOLD club standards
* Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
* All items stocked and promotional plans executed
* Maintain visible accurate signage
* Clean and organized, inside and out
* Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain
Know Your Business:
* Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance.
* Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity.
* Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics.
* Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
* Effectively leads the team by managing with vision and purpose,
clearly communicating and giving direction, and validating
* Maintains deep knowledge of club policies and procedures across
all areas of the club.
* Provides leadership and direction, and manages day-to-day
operations of Fresh (meat, produce, deli, bakery), Front of House
Departments (tire bay, gas station, member service, frontline,
membership fee income, and maintenance departments), overall
merchandising, signage, recovery, and receiving within the
* Works closely with the Fresh Manager, Meat Manager, Front End
Manager, and Night Manager to validate and ensure that all
sanitation, food safety, and Team Member safety policies and
procedures are in place and being effectively executed.
* Escalates issues as appropriate to Home Office or the Club
Manager as needed.
* Responsible for the effective communication of department
activities and Home Office initiatives to club Team Members.
* Responsible for the effective communication and partnership with
regional business partners.
* Continually monitors member service levels and ensures a positive
service experience is delivered to all Members.
* Assesses Team Member performance, provides actionable feedback
and coaches, teaches and develops talent. Assists in onboarding,
training and performance management.
* Learns quickly and adapts to change. Effectively communicates to
team members to enable them to do their jobs effectively by sharing
necessary information, explaining the "why's", and keeping
* Exhibits strong decision-making capabilities that align with the
Company's strategic priorities and support the achievement of club
operational goals and objectives.
* Operates forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
* Maintains all club policies and procedures.
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
* Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
* Previous retail experience in a retail store, supermarket, or
* A strong drive for results and solid work ethic is required. Must
be honest, straight-forward and committed to providing high levels
of service to members.
* Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to lead and
motivate a large team.
* Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email) required.
* High school diploma and/or college degree preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
* Forklift experience preferred.
* Open shift availability required.
* At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
* Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, which may also require bending,
pulling, reaching, climbing and/or stooping.
* Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require
lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess of 30
pounds with assistance.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc., Louisville , Person In Charge-Full Time, Other , New Albany, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!