Activities Staff - PRN
Company: Signature Healthcare
Location: Horse Cave
Posted on: June 24, 2022
* Need to be a CNA or willing to earn CNA
Please apply online for further consideration.
Signature HealthCARE of Hart County Rehab & Wellness Center is a
104 bed facility that offers a wide array of services that enables
our patients and residents to receive the medical care they need,
the restorative therapy they require, and the support they and
their families deserve. We serve many types of patient and resident
needs from short-term rehabilitation to traditional long-term care.
Working with your physician, our staff including medical
specialists, nurses, nutritionists, therapists, dietitians and
social workers establishes a comprehensive treatment plan intended
to restore you or your loved one to the fullest practicable
potential. We know that choosing the right center for your
healthcare needs can be overwhelming. We hope you find our website
to be a valuable resource for you and your family in your
decision-making process. We are here to assist you, so please call
us anytime with questions.
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that
offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of
care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory
care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance
accreditation and pioneering person - directed care. Many of our
skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall
rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to
Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare's "Best Places
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist in the development, organization, and implementation of a
program of activities to meet the social, emotional, physical and
other therapeutic needs of residents as identified on the
resident's plan of care and within the specified budget.
* Assist in the initiation and promotion of activities both within
the facility and outside the facility, as weather permits, ensuring
the safety and well being of each resident at all times.
* Coordinate and verify that assistance is provided to residents
for activities and events as necessary.
* Provide in room activities for residents who are unable to attend
* Assist in the creation of an ongoing calendar of activities that
creatively meets multiple needs and is accessible and appealing to
both men and women of all ages and abilities.
* Consistently maintain standards for activity scheduling and
documentation established by policies and regulatory
* Solicit the involvement of the community (clubs, groups,
organizations, agencies, churches, individuals, etc.) when planning
facility activities and events.
* Assist in the planning, organizing and directing of the Activity
Department fund raising events.
* Maintain detailed records of activity programs and participation
of individual residents, identifying progress toward established
care plan goals.
* Participate in resident care planning by identifying the activity
needs of residents in accordance with the medical assessment.
* Develop and distribute a monthly calendar of events. Provide a
copy of the calendar in each resident's room, and at least one
large calendar prominently displayed in the facility.
* Maintain a pictorial scrapbook of activities and events sponsored
by the facility during the year.
* Develop and maintain an active volunteer program through
marketing, development, support, and organization. Encourage
participation by residents, family members, staff, visitors,
community groups and individuals. Assign and train volunteers and
maintain documentation of volunteer hours. Reward volunteers for
service annually and at other special events.
* Train groups of volunteers and students in techniques of
* Prepare progress notes for medical staff reflecting residents'
reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
* Maintain all activity related records required by regulations and
Medical Records - activity assessments, progress notes, and
* Assist the residents with organizing and maintaining active
Resident Council. Provide accommodation, assistance, scheduling,
and other means to assure that residents have the opportunity to
meet a minimum of one time per month. Channel feedback from
Resident council to the appropriate facility personnel to insure
that resident issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient
manner. Document minutes of Resident Council meetings as well as
follow-up to any concerns expressed at the meeting.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility
* Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work
* Six (6) months to one (1) year experience or related experience
performing activity related duties.
* Willing to enroll in a training course for activities within six
(6) months of employment.
* Knowledge of the aging process and various resident
* Ability to assume leadership role in the Activity Department in
the absence of the Activity Director.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Excellent creative and communication skills.
* Skill at working with individuals who have cognitive, physical or
* Practical knowledge of how an Activity Department functions in a
* General knowledge of regulatory requirements for an activity
program in a long-term care facility.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills with high level of energy and
* Experience in working with volunteers and ability to organize and
develop volunteer program.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work
well within a team environment in support of company
* Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational
skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously
maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and
make independent decisions.
* Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written
* Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity,
and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape
of healthcare forever. It's more than a corporation it's a
Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and progressive
leader to join the mission. Signature HealthCARE (SHC) is an
industry leader in post-acute, long term care and rehabilitation
services. We operate over 115 locations across 10 states employing
over 17,000 Stakeholders (our thoughtful and loving employees).
Our Sacred Six Values of Compassion, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity,
Patience and Positivity make this an incredible place to serve and
make a difference in the lives of our patients, residents,
Stakeholders and communities!
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action
Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other
Keywords: Signature Healthcare, Louisville , Activities Staff - PRN, Other , Horse Cave, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!