Company: Pump Tek
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position: Industrial Sales
Location: Louisville, KY
Business: Pump Tek
At OTC Industrial Technologies, we believe that our employees are
our greatest strength. Through investment in our people and growth
from within, we believe in providing you with a wide variety of
opportunities to accelerate your career potential as you help us
drive change to move our business forward.
For over 60 years, employing and developing the best-in-class
talent has been at the forefront of our success. By coupling our
teams' hands-on experience with a wide range of products from top
vendors, we provide customers with the best quality products and
technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible
Primary objective is to provide unmatched customer experiences and
demonstrate behaviors that influence a positive culture, safety
first attitude, relationship building, and impacts revenue growth
and profitability. The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating
a forecasted sales/gross margin and managing all aspects of sales
and customer service in specific assigned territory and accounts.
The Sales Engineer develops and nurtures relationships with account
decision makers to influence purchasing decisions and to maximize
PT Pump's competitive position. The Sales Engineer is seen as a
"solutions provider" by our customers and is expected to
professionally represent PumpTek and our vendor partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calls on decision makers in the marketplace, specifically
Chemical Processing, Steel Processing, Bourbon Distilling, Plating
Process, Paper Processing, Ethanol Distilling and Water Treatment
who are in a position to specify or purchase PumpTek products and
- Work in collaboration with rotating equipment engineers and
maintenance professionals to solve problems
- Conducts product presentations and demonstrations to enhance
the knowledge and product awareness of current and potential
- Establishes rapport and engages in joint sales calls with
manufacturers that PumpTek represents in the marketplace
- Attends and participates in sales and other company meetings as
- Maintains high knowledge level of products, processes, and the
latest industry trends
- Properly load and fasten equipment in the back of a pickup
- Entertains customers and/or vendors including after hours to
- Provides start-up service and support when required
- Perform failure analysis of mechanical equipment and report
- Manage equipment performance improvement programs, report
actions and results in quarterly meetings
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Influential customer service skills and accomplished at
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time
- Possess an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Accomplished at working independently and as an active member
of a team
- Customer centric focus (internal and external customers)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and CRM/Selltis experience
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to people
- Mechanical aptitude
- An understanding of rotating equipment,
fabrication/manufacturing of equipment and machine shop practices
- Ability to interpret industry standards and engineering
specifications (ANSI & NEMA)
- Prior plant experience preferred
- Strong computer skills with PC's and related software, such as
MS Office products, CRM (Selltis), etc.
- Ability to work autonomously and on a team
- Engineering or technical degree and/or rotating equipment
- Employee to reside within the greater Louisville area
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, and
CRM software (Selltis a plus)
- Valid drivers' license with clean driving record
- Must be able to work in an office and industrial setting as
required by the customer
- Must be able to travel via plane as needed; and drive a vehicle
for up to 2-3 hours at a time and up to 6 hours per day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and electronic
devices in the workplace.
- Ability to walk for long stretches, climb stairs regularly, and
climb ladders occasionally while at industrial customer sites.
- Work in various climates. Some climates are high temperature
(ambient temps and sometimes greater when in hot process
environment). Will also spend time outdoors in direct sunlight and
extreme high or low temperatures depending on the season.
- Wear proper PPE which includes hard hat, safety glasses, and
proper attire, which could include long sleeves even when
temperatures are high. Our current state-of-affairs often requires
a mask due to COVID requirements.
- Occasional lifting of loads up to 50 lbs.
- Must climb up and down into the back of a truck.
- Work in an industrial environment, which includes the presence
of various chemicals, hot piping/vessels, steam, cooking
apparatuses, livestock, livestock and food processing, dust, and
industrial/municipal wastewater, while wearing proper PPE.
Working with OTC Industrial Technologies is perfect for purpose
driven individuals who are motivated to be part of an exciting
Perks of Working with OTC Industrial Technologies:
As part of the OTC family, you'll enjoy competitive compensation
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan -
Additionally, we offer paid time off, short-and long-term
disability coverage, life insurance, tuition assistance, and
Employee Assistance Program. You'll also experience exciting
opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Associated topics: architect, engineer, installation, lab,
laboratory, medical, physician, spinal, trauma, vascular
Keywords: Pump Tek, Louisville , Industrial Sales, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!