Company: Samtec Inc
Location: New Albany
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position at Samtec, Inc
Job Title: DATA SCIENTIST
Summary/Objective: Data Scientist will be responsible for
supporting and developing advanced reporting and computational
needs by sifting through data points to create organized
categories, comparing data points to current company processes, and
writing reports outlining business proposals. Their primary duties
include researching business processes and creating reports that
transform data into insight that can help to improve the value of
- Connect dots and communicate gaps up stream to supporting
teams, as well as downstream to consumers
- Assist with reporting and dashboard needs
- Collecting data through means such as analyzing business
results or by setting up and managing new studies
- Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate
- Creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data
- Building tools to automate data collection
- Searching through large data sets for usable information
- Creating reports and presentations for business uses
- Correlating similar data to find actionable results
- The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a
general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to
perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
- 5+ Years' Experience in a Data Analyst/Business Intelligence
Analyst role or 2+ years' experience in a Data Science Role;
preferably in sales, marketing, or manufacturing. Connector
Manufacturing, Operations, Sales, or Marketing experience is
- Must be a self-starter with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated problem-solving
- Detail oriented, excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills in relating to both internal and
- Proficient is MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word,
- Experience in Redshift or SQL, Redshift is preferred.
- Experience in Python or R, Python is preferred.
- Product, Process, Tooling, and alternative manufacturing method
- Must be able to sit/stand for at least 90 consecutive minutes,
and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the
- Masters' Degree in Business, Data Science, Natural Science, or
Engineering is preferred.
- Experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
- On the job training as appropriate.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to
creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec
are based in business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status,
age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender
identity/expression, marital status, past or present military
service, family medical history or genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable laws.
Keywords: Samtec Inc, Louisville , Data Scientist, Other , New Albany, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!