Benefit Specialist (6:00 pm - 11:00 pm)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
We are rapidly growing and invite you to be a part of this
exciting opportunity to support a new program launch! Beginning Day
1, you will embark on a one-of-a-kind opportunity learning about
the drug manufacturers, disease states and therapies you'll be
supporting. New program launches are a unique opportunity where you
will work together with your team members in an inclusive
environment contributing to the overall success of your
When you join the team as the Benefits Specialist, you'll have the
opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients each
day as they look to you as part of their dedicated support team for
helping them navigate the tricky process to getting access to their
complex medication. You'll compassionately deliver an exceptional
experience to many patients per day always remembering that every
prescription or document belongs to a real person who is looking
for thorough and efficient management of their records. You'll
adjust your approach to their needs by communicating clearly,
focusing on the accuracy of the details of their medical records
and your mastery of the program requirements, and ensuring their
prescriptions or cases are handled timely. You'll have the
opportunity to earn bonuses and yearly merit increases. This role
may be eligible for a hybrid schedule after 6 months (or sooner
once proficiency in role is demonstrated). Review our Benefits &
Perks below to learn more!
A typical day in this role will include providing in-depth
knowledge of our client programs by working directly with patients,
healthcare providers, and insurance companies to answer inquiries,
process service requests, assess benefits coverage, and manage
through barriers, in a compliant manner, that stand in the way of
patients and their access to therapy. The Benefits Specialist works
in a dynamic and compassionate customer service role providing
telephonic and web-based, where applicable, customer service
*A typical day in the life of a Benefits Specialist will include
the following: *
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the
* Benefit Verification:
* Performing patient level benefits verifications as applicable for
all major medical and pharmacy benefits plans.
* Completion of the template forms that provide patient level
benefits Coverage Determination Summary.
* Coordination of prior authorizations based on payer guidelines
and in compliance with law, regulation or guidance.
* Patient Assistance:
* Review of patient assistance enrollment forms and any supporting
documentation to assess patient eligibility for participation as
per SOPs and program guidelines.
* Determination of patient's eligibility based upon program
criteria for qualification.
* Communicating the patient's eligibility to the patient,
healthcare provider, and/or consignment pharmacy.
* Answer and assist inbound callers through resolution utilizing
answers to frequently asked questions or by warm transferring
callers to other appropriate individuals.
* Actively listen to each customer, assess needs, and respond with
demonstrated patience and courtesy.
* Review and identification of information that is missing and/or
incorrect within program service requests/program applications.
* Reporting of Adverse Events/ Product Complaint inquiries received
in accordance with SOP and good manufacturer practices.
* Provides timely feedback to the company regarding service
failures or customer concerns
* Effectively uses our internal technology platform, CORscend, to
complete claims processing and keep workflows moving.
* Communicate with key medical practice accounts, sales
representatives regarding the status of cases. Provide consultative
services where issues arise on how obstacles can be overcome to get
patient on paid therapy.
* Benefits Specialists are expected to be patient focused and
committed to providing the highest quality customer service all
while maintaining a sense of compliance and commitment to abiding
by company policies and procedures.
*This job might be for you if (must have requirements of the role):
The candidate must possess the following personal attributes:
* Service minded; focus on recognizing and meeting the needs of
others (especially patients and care partners)
* Ability to handle personal health information with
* Commitment to honesty and integrity
* Professionalism and a strong sense of proper business and
customer service etiquette
* Clear verbal and written communication skills
* Accountability for results
* Ability to plan and prioritize tasks and strong attention to
* Proficient emotional intelligence (ability to recognize emotions
and their effects)
* Ability to manage disruptive impulses and handle potentially
stressful customer interactions
* Proficient computer skills
* Adaptability to change
* Personal initiative and commitment to team and organizational
* Ability to work effectively within a team
* A positive attitude!
* Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; completion of a high school
diploma or GED is required
* 6 months customer service experience, payer benefits experience
(reimbursement, prior authorization, etc.), healthcare industry
experience or healthcare related certification, license, or
equivalent coursework is strongly preferred
* Bilingual is a plus
* All employees working onsite in a PharmaCord facility are
strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19
* We are located in the River Ridge Commerce Center at 150 Hilton
Drive, Jeffersonville, IN. You must be willing to work in this
location; PharmaCord does reimburse for tolls if applicable, at the
frequent user rate. This rate is applied after 40 trips per month
(valued at $624.00 per year).
*Physical Demands & Work Environment: *
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to type, handle
or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to type 35 WPM
with 97% accuracy.
* Although very minimal, flexibility to travel as needed is
* This position requires ability to work a standard 8.5-hour
standard shifts between our business operating hours of 8am - 8pm
Monday through Friday. A shift will be assigned and may change
depending on business need.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
* Due to investment in program specific training, candidates are
expected to maintain the role for a minimum of 6 months, or 1 year
within a client-facing role, prior to being considered eligible for
lateral or promotion level move. PharmaCord is committed to
creating a strong company culture that values collaboration,
employee development, and promotion from within. Exceptions will be
reviewed on a case-by-case basis to assess business need and
*Once you land this position, you'll get to enjoy: *
Our Benefits & Perks
* Company paid Short-term Disability (STD)
* Increased competitive 401(k) company match up to 4%
* Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits - PharmaCord
covers 75% of Medical Premiums for our employees
* PharmaCord has not increased healthcare premiums in the past 4
* NEW! Concierge Medical Clinic free of cost for those enrolled in
a PharmaCord medical plan (including dependents)
* Wellness discounts of up to $260 per year for participation in
* Annual HSA employer contribution
* Company paid and voluntary Life Insurance options
* Voluntary Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability Insurances
* Paid Parental Leave of Absence
* Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
* PTO benefits, flex days and paid holidays
* Employee Referral Program
* Ambassador Program
* Tuition reimbursement program up to $5,000 per year
Competitive Compensation & Flexible Working
* This role is eligible for a one-time bonus payout after the
training period. Employee must have successfully completed
training, be in good performance and attendance standing, and are
consistently meeting KPI's as outlined within the program business
* Competitive starting pay rates
* Yearly merit increases
* Toll reimbursement program (valued at $624.00 per year)
* This role may be eligible for a hybrid schedule (50% in office,
50% remote). To qualify for a hybrid schedule, you are required to
work a minimum of 6 months on-site at our headquarters location.
You must show you've successfully completed training, are in good
performance and attendance standing, and are consistently meeting
KPI's as outlined within the program business rules.
* Multiple shift options between 8 AM and 11 PM Monday - Friday
A Career You'll Love
* Working for PharmaCord - voted Best Places to Work in Kentucky
for 2019 and 2021
* Work for a company that values diversity and makes deliberate
efforts to create in inclusive workplace
* Opportunities for advancement with a company that supports
personal and professional growth.
* PharmaCord has doubled in size over the last few years and
expects to be over 1000 employees by the end of 2023 giving current
employees first access to promotional opportunities
* A challenging, stimulating work environment that encourages new
* Exposure to many learning and development opportunities
* Playing a crucial part in the lives of our patients, physicians,
and pharmacies by enhancing the patient services experience
* Our new state of the art Headquarters building offering many
amenities including collaborations spaces, outdoor dining, walking
path, marketplace caf--, and more!
Any offer of employment is contingent on completion of a background
check to company standard. Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.
At PharmaCord, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it,
support it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees,
our products and our community. PharmaCord is proud to be an equal
In order to maintain a safe workplace for our team members,
PharmaCord strongly recommends that all employees are vaccinated
*Want to learn more about us? Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor,
Twitter & Facebook!*
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Jeffersonville, IN 47130: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Preferred)
* What is the best email address to reach you?
* Please type "yes" if you opt in to text messages from PharmaCord
regarding your status in the hiring process and future job
opportunities. Data rates may apply.
* Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: PharmaCord, Louisville , Benefit Specialist (6:00 pm - 11:00 pm), Other , Jeffersonville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!