Transportation Supervisor - USBL - US-2
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US0011 Sysco Louisville, Inc.
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the
activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but
are not limited to, management and direction to delivery staff,
compliance with government regulations and safety and security of
the delivery department.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of Delivery Associates,
including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to
planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer
- Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and
federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that
electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as
- Oversees the proper selection utilization of company assets in
support of the Delivery department.
- Organizes required repairs with proper departments as
- Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists
with implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies,
protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety,
DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to
collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or
- Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address
issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering
questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces company policies
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in
training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred
work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior
modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related
duties as needed (and as qualified).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain
Management or similar major preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- HazMat certification preferred.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License meeting Company
standards preferred .
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other
departments, operating companies, and Corporate proactively and
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following
established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and
- Manage the pressures and stress associated with a
deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support
of company policies and procedures on time.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Can write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Exhibit knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing
software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to read, comprehends, write and speak English.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, push/pull
up to 350 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those associate encounters while performing the
essential functions of the job.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating
Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e.
training, business continuation, etc.).
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places.
- Sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by
this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the
duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be
performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be
required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and
responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be
reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Louisville , Transportation Supervisor - USBL - US-2, Other , Clarksville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!