Company: Galt House Hotel
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As Chef Tournant, your main responsibilities will be to assist
the Executive Chef to support the Chefs De Cuisine at our
Restaurants while providing leadership and setting high standards
of conduct with regards to associates, guest satisfaction, food
product and planning. You will be responsible for all functions
related to purchasing, production, preparation and presentation of
all food for the Restaurant in a safe and sanitary work
*Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities*
*Safety and Environmental Performance*
* Lead the safety effort by personal example
* Support full hotel compliance with safety rules to further our
goal of zero (0) accidents and encouragement of reporting and
correcting near misses
* Adhere to SOPs and other work procedures as required to assure
guest satisfaction and consistency
* Immediately report all injuries to the supervisor or manager on
duty and to the security manager on duty
* Assist the Executive Chef in the planning and development of
menus and recipes and ensure the correct preparation and
consistency in presentation for all food items prepared by training
* Develop daily specials with a focus on involvement and input from
* Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and
* Control labor and operating expenses through effective
scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, and inventory control.
* Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health,
safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
* Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing
procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes,
monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
* Provide guidance to sous chefs on daily record lists and monthly
* Maintain a control system which will assure quality and portions
consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established
purchasing specifications, and train staff on the importance of
food preparation and controls.
* Assist the Executive Chef with performance goals, creativity,
efficiency and productivity for all kitchen and service staff.
* Coordinates outlet production in restaurants and retail
* Helps the Executive Chef research and test new food products in
conjunction with Company initiatives.
* Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality standards and
meeting the expectations of the customers daily.
* Research guest preferences and develop menus that incorporate
local foods and flavors in a fine dining experience.
* Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline
all employees in the kitchen to ensure that established cultural
and core standards are met.
* Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in
employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill
* Participates in training the Restaurant staff on menu items
including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
* Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent
customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest
* Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of
seasonings, portion, and appearance of food.
* Manage the kitchen operation.
* Create a team environment that works harmoniously and
* Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
* Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
* Ensure a high standard of food quality, taste, presentation and
* Ensure all processes, equipment, employees, and methods comply
with federal, state, and local laws regarding cleanliness, safety,
* All other duties as required.
* Culinary Degree or equivalent experience.
* Restaurant Executive Chef, or Executive Sous Chef experience
* 3+ Years management or supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of current restaurant industry trends
* Knowledge of proper food handling and safety procedures.
* Ability to prepare food according to the hotel standard and guest
* Ability to multitask and accomplish a heavy work load in a timely
manner while under pressure.
* Skilled at managing a team and training line staff to cook
properly and follow standards.
* Ability to adhere to and enforce company policies and
This job operates in a hotel kitchen. This role routinely uses
kitchen equipment and appliances such as meat slicers, grills,
stoves, ovens, mixers, refrigerators, freezers, dish machines, etc.
This is a full-time exempt position with expectation to work the
necessary business hours to deliver high quality experiences for
our guests and to ensure the professional operation of the Culinary
* Regularly required to talk or hear
* Will be subjected to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud
* Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds on a
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time and move from area
to area in the kitchen.
Manages day to day food operations for the restaurant, retail
outlets, and associate cafeteria. Oversees all line staff for
restaurant, retail and stewarding.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 3 years
* Yearly pay
* Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Signing bonus
Weekly day range:
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Louisville, KY 40202: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Culinary experience: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Galt House Hotel, Louisville , Chef Tournant, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!