Company: American Commercial Lines LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Prepares barges assigned to the towboat for safe and timely
transport. This includes building and breaking tow and assisting
with towboat and barge maintenance. Performs these tasks in all
weather conditions while navigating the inland waterway systems.
Work schedules are flexible depending on your interest in working
on a mainline vessel or a fleet vessel. Mainline vessel work
schedules include 28 days on a boat (about 4 weeks) and 28 days
off, or 28 days on and 14 days off. Fleet vessel work schedules
include 14 days on a boat (about 2 weeks) and 7 days off, or 8 days
on and 4 days off. All schedules require working 12 hours per day.
This position requires a valid Transportation Workers ID Card
(TWIC) if hired.
Your Responsibilities - How You Will Make an IMPACT!
* Builds and breaks barge tows.
* Inspects, corrects, or notifies others of any conditions which
affects the safety of Team Members or cargo.
* Handles rigging during barge tow building, locking, and docking
* Assists with loading or unloading materials and supplies to and
from docks, barges, and boats.
* Examines cables, wires, and lines to ensure they are fit for use.
Uses tools to tighten or loosen same as needed.
* Effectively handles tow wires and cables to secure barges in safe
and environmentally appropriate fashion.
* Performs basic vessel maintenance such as painting, cleaning,
changing oil and filters, etc.
* Exhibits and demonstrates integrity, mutual care, personal
responsibility, agility, customer focus and teamwork.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications - What You Will Bring to the ACBL Team
* TWIC card required
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Ability to work in all weather conditions.
* Adheres to all American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) policies,
United States Coast Guard (USCG) and environmental regulations
* Effectively uses all safety equipment as required by ACBL
policies, such as hearing protection, eye protection, gloves,
flashlights, life jackets or work vest and steel-toed boots.
* Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions and warnings
associated with materials required for boat maintenance, cleaning,
American Commercial Barge Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: American Commercial Lines LLC, Louisville , Deckhand, Other , Jeffersonville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!