Company: Veolia North America
Location: Saint Croix
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company DescriptionVeolia Group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available
resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79
million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with
sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered
48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext:
VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in
2021.www.veolia.comJob DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEThe Operations
Supervisor supervises two or more full time employees in an
assigned plant or department. This position plans and coordinates
activities of workers to operate and maintain water/wastewater
treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in
water/wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit
and operational requirements.PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise employees at the assigned plant or department.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner compliant with policies,
procedures and practices.
- Model professional behavior; report to work as scheduled, on
time and prepared to work.
- Work flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and
- Conduct laboratory analytical testing for product quality
assurance/ control; and routine tests
- Operate, maintain, install and repair (automatic and
semi-automatic machines) equipment including pumps, valves, gates,
mixers, chemical feed, dust collector and odor control systems
- Monitor control panels, adjusts valves and gates.
- Monitor flow meters, gauges, flow ratios, pressures and related
controls through instrument panels, computer terminals and
programmable logic control units in assigned area.
- Monitor and document operating conditions/observations and data
in shift log daily
- Diagnose basic operational problems and take corrective action
- Verify and report suspected malfunctions and variances as
directed and take corrective actions.
- Ability to work independently in compliance with given
instructions and direction.
- Perform grab and go field tests in order to adjust chemical
dosages for processes.
- Comply with appearance and dress policies to ensure a safe and
professional work environment.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as defined by policy,
work practices, and customer.
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment this includes:
work area and equipment.
- Work effectively in a team environment and provide support and
assistance to others.
- Assist with collecting data and completing reports/ projects to
support business operations
- Lead special projects to improve safety, operations, and
- Train other employees to safely and properly use equipment at
- Take initiative to offer solutions and assist in problem
solving at site.
- Engage with customers within scope of responsibility to provide
work updates and notifications.
- Commitment to promoting and creating a safety centric culture
and positive work environment.
- Perform other job duties as requested to support business
operations.QualificationsEducation / Experience / Background
- Degree in a related field (24 credits in Chemistry is a plus)
or equivalent experience.
- Highest level of Water/Wastewater certification and highest
level of Water Treatment Certification with knowledge of current
and pending water treatment standards, regulations and federal,
state and local laws and codes.
- Five to seven years in various positions within a water /
wastewater treatment environment with knowledge of methods,
principles and practices of operating, maintaining and repairing
water treatment plant equipment, instrumentation and associated
- Lead experience or supervisory training required with
understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation
and health and safety.Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have an understanding of water /wastewater treatment
process engineering, water quality assurance, maintenance strategy
and laboratory procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in troubleshooting, problem
solving and team building.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem
resolution and to execute the schedule requirements within a team
- Must have a general knowledge of budget preparation and
understanding of cost control.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal communications and interpersonal
skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective,
complete and easily understood written communications and
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility
required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and
presentation software for preparing work related reports, charts,
graphs and data submittal requirements. Ability to use computer
systems for preparing work orders and purchase requisitions.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work
extended hours to accommodate site needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other
Company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
check.Additional InformationA subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia
North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and
energy management services, including water and wastewater
treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal,
energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial,
industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers
throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia
North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than
350 locations across the continent.www.veolianorthamerica.comAs an
inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal
consideration to all applications, without discrimination.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Louisville , Operations Supervisor, Other , Saint Croix, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!