Company: Midwestern Insurance Alliance
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Midwestern Insurance Alliance (MIA) is seeking a full-time
Claims Adjuster to join its worker's compensation claims processing
team. MIA is a national workers' compensation program administrator
offering custom-tailored worker's compensation insurance programs
through its carrier partners. MIA focuses on niche segments such as
local and long-haul trucking, parcel and mail delivery, and fuel
hauling. MIA's acquisition by San Diego-based K2 Insurance Services
in 2012 has enabled MIA to expand its product offerings and product
distribution channels.Claims Adjuster responsibilities include, but
are not limited to:
- Thoroughly investigating worker's compensation claims by
contacting injured workers, medical providers, and employer
- Determining if claims are valid under applicable worker's comp
- Communicating with medical providers to develop and authorize
appropriate treatment plans.
- Reviewing and analyzing medical bills to confirm charges and
treatment are worker's comp injury-related and in accordance with
the treatment plan.
- Ensuring payments for medical bills and income replacement are
remitted on a timely basis in accordance with applicable fee
schedules and statutes.
- Calculating and assigning appropriate reserves to claims and
managing reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Managing claim recoveries, including but not limited to:
subrogation, Second Injury Fund excess recoveries, and Social
Security and Medicare offsets.
- Preparing required state filings within statutory limits.
- Providing information as needed for litigation or settlement
negotiations. The ideal Claims Adjuster will have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- At least 2 years' WC claims adjusting experience that includes
experience with Indiana WC claims.
- Additional experience handling multi-state claims a big
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.MIA offers the
opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our
benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and
life insurance and 401(k) with employer match. We also offer a
business casual work environment and an 8:00-5:00 Monday-Friday
work week. Learn more about MIA at and K2 Insurance Services at .
Keywords: Midwestern Insurance Alliance, Louisville , Claims Adjuster, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!