Concrete Line Pump Operator
Company: Concrete Pump Partners LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Concrete Line Pump Operator in Louisville Ky. A
Concrete Line Pump Operator is a skilled machine operator typically
working on construction job sites. As opposed to a crane operator,
who may go to one job site for six months or a year, a pump
operator typically goes to one or even two different job sites per
day. Duties include controlling the operation of the pump and the
output of concrete by directing the boom. They are also responsible
for getting the machine to and from the job site and making sure
the pump is ready for the next job.Rewards:
- Competitive higher-than-average compensation
- Opportunities for advancement
- Long-term employment
- Benefits include health insurance, vision, dental, AFLAC, STD &
LTD, 401K, uniforms, cell phone reimbursement, and
- Ability to locate or relocate easilyBenefits offered:
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be willing to learn and comprehend the operation of a concrete pump
as well as some basic mechanics that may be involved in order to
keep the pump in good working condition. An operator must also have
good customer-relation skills and the ability to problem-solve
under pressure. A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) will be
required.Characteristics of a Successful Line Pump Operator: Line
Pump operators come in all sizes and shapes; there is no one type
of operator. The best ones, though, are calm and thoughtful as
opposed to nervous and excitable. They can communicate well with
others and like to work outdoors and have an infinite variety in
their workdays. They're easy to get along with and conscious of the
effects their actions have on other workers. Physical requirements
are normal vision and hearing, and the ability to lift and carry
pipes and clamps. Some mechanical aptitude is very helpful, but not
required. Common sense is more important than book learning, and a
positive attitude carries a lot of weight.Essential Duties and
- Drive the pump in a safe and conscientious manner to the job
site and back to the yard.
- Operate the pump in a safe and conscientious manner, set up the
system, and clean out the pump after the job.
- Light repair of pumps: Some maintenance is required. Know the
pump well enough to recognize problems and report them.
- Customer relations: Represent the Company through efficient
work and courteous service.
- Keep unit clean: Keep the pump and truck washed and free of
concrete and grease. Keep the system free of concrete.
- Yard: Return system after use to appropriate location in the
yard. Keep the yard neat and orderly.
- Paperwork: Complete and submit pump inspection forms, job
tickets, and maintenance forms. Keep an accurate timecard of time
- Routine maintenance of greasing fittings & greasers, changing
gaskets & checking fluid levels.Physical Demands:
- Must be able to meet DOT requirements for hearing and
- Must be able to verbally communicate with others.
- Good manual dexterity to climb on and around the pump in all
weather conditions common to the area of the country.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds to the overhead
- Must be able to push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the balance and dexterity to maneuver around a
construction site, and must enjoy working outdoors in all weather
- Must be drug and alcohol-free.Job Type: Full-timePay: $22.00
Keywords: Concrete Pump Partners LLC, Louisville , Concrete Line Pump Operator, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!