Accounts Receivable Representative
Company: GE Appliances
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description The GEA Way At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we
come together to make "good things, for life." As the
fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we're powered by
creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible
and that there's always a better way. We believe in the power of
our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and
build good things, together. The GEA Way philosophy, backed by
three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create,
do business, and serve our communities: -we come together, -we
always look for a better way, and -we create possibilities.
-Interested in joining us on our journey? -We are looking for an
Account Receivable Representative to join our GE Appliances Finance
team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with
customers to ensure timely payment in order to minimize past due
receivables. In addition, you will collaborate with customers,
sales department, distribution, operations, and other teams to
identify and resolve issues preventing payment. This is a
fast-paced role and an early career position with the opportunity
to grow within the Finance Organization. Position Accounts
Receivable Representative Location USA, Louisville, KY How You'll
- Work with customers to ensure timely payment in order to
minimize past due receivables.
- Collaborate with customers, sales department, distribution,
operations, and other teams to identify and resolve issues
- Determine next steps in the collection process when faced with
a challenging situation, including but not limited to internal
- Develop and sustain cooperative relationships with internal and
external customers and stakeholders through email and phone
- Utilize MS Excel and Access for customer account research,
statement creation, and account reconciliation.
- Utilize customer or 3rd party web portals for research and
resolution of past due invoices and deductions.
- Research unapplied cash and credits, and reconcile with
customer invoices or deductions.
- Understand customer billing requirements and follow process
accordingly to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Work with various departments to resolve customer disputes and
to address process issues causing disputes.
- Review and release orders adhering to established company
policies and procedures. Engage Risk and Sales teams when orders
exceed allowed limits. What You'll Bring to Our Team Minimum
- Associates degree or experience in collections, accounts
receivables, accounting/financial services, or customer
service/call center setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Previous Accounts Receivable and/or Customer Service
- Proven analytical, negotiation, and influencing skill
- Accountable and willing to take initiative
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel with the ability to:
- Efficiently use spreadsheets
- Produce graphs and tables
- Efficiently perform calculations as well as automations to
process large quantities of data relevant to business tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Access The starting salary for this position
is non-negotiable at $19.25/hour Our Culture At GE Appliances,
creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional
outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique
backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances.
We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and
people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity
and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength.
The very best innovations across every function of a company come
from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive
workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at
their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve
zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the
communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the
ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees
and our communities GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It
is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do
their best work while balancing the needs of the business and
individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to
work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that
balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization. GE
Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law. If you are an individual with a
disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our
website or to apply, please send an e-mail to
Keywords: GE Appliances, Louisville , Accounts Receivable Representative, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!