Program Support Specialist - Finance
Company: Volunteers of America Mid-States
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Volunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. - We provide care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, healing accountability that brings people together with restorative justice, and free HIV testing and education. - When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to create positive change and build thriving communities. - Flexibility, teamwork, and fun are some of the reasons our employees are proud to work at VOA! - We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees who meet eligibility requirements.
Position: Title Program Support Specialist- Finance (PSSI)
Program: Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Department: VOA Honor
Reports to: Veteran Services Finance and Operations Manager
Status: FT- Exempt
Location: Louisville, KY
The Program Support Specialist- Finance, is responsible for providing program
support to the SSVF staff including the Program Manager, Case Managers, and
VOA Honor leadership. The position will be responsible for financial and
accounting functions associated with the SSVF grant and will work closely with
the Veteran Services Finance and Operations Manager and the agency's Finance
--- Education/Experience: This position requires a Bachelor's degree in
social work or related field; at least five (5) years of experience in the
field and no degree; or a Veteran with three (3) years of related work
--- Skills: Must be proficient in Excel and skilled in Word processing.
Must be proficient with databases and MS Outlook.
--- Other Requirements: Requires a demonstrated ability to provide a
reasonable combination of the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
family needs assessment, knowledge and ability to access local
resources, advocacy, counseling, and working cooperatively with local
1. Maintain and assist in the creation of excel files to track spending
among the multiple offices associated with the grant.
2. Participate in development of annual program budget.
3. Understand the program guidelines thoroughly and act as a key "go-to"
person for staff.
4. Process all check requests from the Program Managers and Case
5. Provide assistance to the point person for contact with all vendors such
as office landlords, utility companies, etc.
6. Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly VA reports.
7. Assist in the preparation of materials for financial audits.
8. Communicate current budget status once/week via email.
9. Assist in the preparation of budget updates monthly and present to
Program Managers and VOA Honor leadership on weekly call.
10. Assist in the preparation and distribution of end of month financial
11. Assist in end of year grant spending and closing.
12. Work with program staff in support of the SSVF program with duties as
assigned in cooperation with the Veteran Services Finance and
Operations Manager, VOA Honor leadership, and Program Managers.
13. Assist Veteran Services Finance and Operations Manager with
operations and technology duties as needed.
14. Identify systemic barriers and communicate with organizational
leadership about these barriers to work collaboratively to find viable
15. Participate in Case Record Review (CRR) process and act as a reviewer
16. Performance quality improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by
supervision & PQI committee.
--- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
--- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
--- Life Insurance
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Short Term Disability
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Health Savings Accounts
--- Critical Illness
--- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Paid Vacation Time (based on eligibility)
--- Paid Sick Time (based on eligibility)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Mid-States, Louisville , Program Support Specialist - Finance, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
here to apply!