Maintenance Assistant II
Company: Volunteers of America Mid-States
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Volunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. - We provide care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, healing accountability that brings people together with restorative justice, and free HIV testing and education. - When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to create positive change and build thriving communities. - Flexibility, teamwork, and fun are some of the reasons our employees are proud to work at VOA! - We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees who meet eligibility requirements.
PROGRAM: - - - - - - -Maintenance/ Operations Support - - - - - - STATUS: - F-T Non Exempt
POSITION: - - - - - - - Maintenance Assistant II - - - - - - - - -
REPORTS TO: - - - - Community Administrator - - - - - - -
RATE OF PAY: - - - - -$13.50/hr
Under direct supervision provides general maintenance, and landscaping activities for Volunteers of America Mid-States buildings and occupied properties. - May train other maintenance technicians and provide support for the Facilities Manager in his/her absence. This position is considered essential and will require rotation of on - call for emergency services and is expected to respond for inclement weather and other emergencies. -
Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in general building and/or facilities maintenance. Three of the five years must include repair experience in a specialty area (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, or electrical). - High school diploma, GED or equivalent is preferred. - Mechanical aptitude; ability to diagnose and problem-solve; ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, visitors, and vendors; ability to use power tools; ability to follow directions required. - Must be customer service driven and perform all duties efficiently within expected time-frames. Must learn and apply agency and personnel policies and procedures, fire and safety codes and regulations; appropriate federal, state and local regulations; and OSHA regulations. -
1. - -Requires ability to stand or walk up to 70% of the work day.
2. - -Requires ability to stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl or climb up to 50% of the work day.
3. Requires ability to lift and carry up to 80 lbs. sometimes on a daily basis (paint, joint compound, lawn mowers, tool boxes).
4. Requires ability to extend arms and use hand to use power tools, hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, paint brushes and rollers, lawn mowers, rakes, shovels, and other similar
- - - tools.
5. Requires ability to extend arms and use hands to repair equipment, appliances and maintenance/operation vehicles; rake, shovel snow and other similar activities.
6. - -Requires precise finger movements to remove and/or replace nuts, bolts, screws and other similar activities.
7. - -Requires ability to discern colors.
8. - -Requires ability to communicate with staff, clients, visitors and vendors.
1. Performs various maintenance activities such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, plaster and drywall repair, interior painting and prep work. - (Staff does not perform maintenance functions requiring licensed personnel, such as electrical work unless properly licensed.)
2. Repairs and maintains agency equipment, appliances and maintenance/operations vehicles.
3. - Conducts preventive and upkeep maintenance on agency building, on agency equipment, appliances and maintenance/operations vehicles.
4. - Completes required paperwork and entries into the facilities management software system for the scheduling and completion of work orders.
5. - Performs landscaping and grounds maintenance as needed. -
6. - -Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI Committee.
7. - Perform duties of Facilities Manager when manager is scheduled absent. -
1. - -Meets with vendors and suppliers as scheduled.
2. Communicates with staff regarding service requests, job status updates, maintenance procedures, problem-solving, etc.
3. - -Assists moving office furniture, etc. and loading and unloading trucks as required.
4. - -Supports volunteer activities on an as needed basis. -
--- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
--- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
--- Life Insurance
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Short Term Disability
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Health Savings Accounts
--- Critical Illness
--- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Paid Vacation Time (based on eligibility)
--- Paid Sick Time (based on eligibility)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Mid-States, Louisville , Maintenance Assistant II, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
here to apply!