Outreach and Prevention Service Coordinator
Company: Volunteers of America Mid-States
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Volunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. - We provide care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, healing accountability that brings people together with restorative justice, and free HIV testing and education. - When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to create positive change and build thriving communities. - Flexibility, teamwork, and fun are some of the reasons our employees are proud to work at VOA! - We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees who meet eligibility requirements. -
PROGRAM: - - - - - - -Outreach and Prevention (OP) - - - - - - - - - STATUS: - Full-Time - - - -
POSITION: - - - - - - - -Outreach and Prevention Service Coordinator
REPORTS TO: - - - - -Program Manager -
The OP Service Coordinator (OPSC) works closely with the program manager and the outreach and prevention specialists to coordinate and link HIV and Hepatitis C (Hep C) positive individuals to care. OPSC also collaborates with community partners to support high-risk, HIV or Hep C positive individuals needing services. The OPSC will conduct outreach, provide education, testing, and facilitate two CDC evidence-based interventions to HIV positive individuals. The OPSC will oversee the Friends Inspiring Testing Program (FIT) and provide support to FIT ambassadors. OPSC will link newly diagnosed and high-risk negative clients to medical providers. They will also offer referral services for anyone who screens positive for intimate partner violence (IPV) during risk assessments. The OPSC should be comfortable working with multi-disciplinary teams and performing various data collection and administrative supports for the OP program. The OPSC must be able to exercise tact and discretion to sustain confidential relationships with clients. Must apply agency, personnel/program policies and procedures and grant contract deliverables. -
Bachelor's degree in social work, human services, public health, or related field or 5 years of related experience. Knowledge of HIV, STI/STD prevention and IPV as well as linkage to care processes preferred. Able to work independently and maintain organizational and critical thinking skills with good verbal and written communication. Previous experience in counseling or group intervention facilitation preferred. Skills in public speaking or education facilitation preferred. Ability to exercise tact and discretion to maintain confidential relationships with clients. Bilingual speaking persons preferred.
1. Collaborate with outreach prevention specialists and other community-based partners to identify high risk individuals/areas for HIV testing.
2. Conduct HIV & Hep C testing including pre and post-test counseling
3. Provide linkage to care services for newly diagnosed individuals.
4. Provide referral service for individuals who screen positive for IPV during risk assessments when applicable.
5. Promote PrEP awareness and offer PrEP navigation services to eligible clients.
6. Collect and maintain data
7. Comfortable engaging clients in discussion about HIV/STD risks including HIV risks associated with IPV. -
8. Recruit and empower participants to engage in health supporting activities:
- - - - - a. Co-facilitate group interventions to support individuals with HIV/AIDS.
- - - - - b. Facilitate counseling interventions for individuals with HIV/AIDS. -
- - - - - c. Educate participants on safer sex practices and harm reduction techniques.
- - - - - e. Assist participants in establishing support networks that promote healthy behaviors. - -
9. Distribute safer sex supplies to community partner establishments within targeted areas.
10. Perform administrative duties as necessary to support OP efforts.
11. Assist with community programs/event development and participate in community events that may benefit from HIV/sexual health prevention services.
12. Facilitate/co-facilitate sexual health education classes and other community engagement strategies.
13. Record and report all data pertaining to outreach and testing per protocol and established timelines.
14. Document case notes per protocol and established timelines for quarterly case reviews.
15. Perform quarterly internal reviews of OP files.
16. Maintain a list of area resources, including internal and external stakeholders.
17. Develop relationships with key partners in community to provide and expand services.
18. Attend required trainings and continuing education sessions.
19. Clear communication with program manager of all intended activities or needed supports.
20. Other duties as assigned.
--- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
--- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
--- Life Insurance
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Short Term Disability
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Health Savings Accounts
--- Critical Illness
--- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Paid Vacation Time (based on eligibility)
--- Paid Sick Time (based on eligibility)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Mid-States, Louisville , Outreach and Prevention Service Coordinator, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
here to apply!