Heavy Truck Specialist
Company: Equipment Depot
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Requisition Number 19-0246 Post Date 8/6/2019 Title Heavy Truck
Specialist City Louisville State KY DescriptionEquipment Depot is
looking for an
Experienced Heavy Forklift / Port Equipment Sales Specialist (Big /
Jumbo Trucks: Sany, CAT, and Mitsubishi). The position supports our
What is in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Work Schedule: Mon thru Friday
Check out this video to learn more about us -
This position is responsible for the development and execution of
sales, service, rental, parts and OEM market strategies to attain
and /or maintain desired market position within the Heavy Truck
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop strategic sales plans and work with the company
leadership, parts and service, and Equipment Depot's Senior Manager
of the Heavy Truck segment to ensure market position.
- Manage the development and activity of the Heavy Truck Segment
including commercial proposals, lease agreements, service
contracts, and all customer facing sales support.
- Call on accounts, develop and make sales presentations and
ensure adequate aftermarket support in accordance with the
company's value proposition.
- Responsible for effective communications with the retail
network as well as all sales support functions.
- Work closely with sales and marketing management to segment the
local Heavy Truck market, collect and analyze competitive market
intelligence, and sales and marketing strategies to support
regional growth plans.
- Collaborate with branch management and internal departments
regarding pipeline management, receivables, and allied
- Utilize company CRM tools to consolidate specific pipeline,
account and opportunity information.
- Identify customer application needs and communicate commercial
and technical support requests to key OEM partners and
- Work closely with Equipment Depot's Senior Manager for Heavy
Trucks and local sales teams in the performance of all essential
- Account Management - Expands sales within existing accounts,
focuses on customer service, develops relationships with key
decision makers, understands and responds to customer needs, tracks
and monitors account activity.
- Customer Focus - Builds customer confidence, is committed to
increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer
expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems,
ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits
opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal
- Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward and
honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains
confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad
in a timely manner.
- Problem Solving/Analysis - Breaks down problems into smaller
components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process
complex issues, understands the difference between critical details
and unimportant facts.
- Product Knowledge - Knows and explains product
features/benefits, understands/sells the full product line,
understands customer's business operations and needs,
understands/responds to the competition, applies market
- Results Focus - Targets and achieves results, sets challenging
goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts
accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides
leadership/motivation among peers..
- Sales Skills - Develops new business, identifies and sells to
customer needs, translates product features to benefits, has good
listening skills, is sensitive to customers, delivers effective
presentations, negotiates well, uses closing
skills appropriately, develops sales skills.
RequirementsSKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Experience: 8-10 years proven sales in heavy truck or port
machinery segments preferred
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge and abilities
Other Requirements: Above average travel required
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform - We are passionate to perform and focus on
Trust to Act - We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful
Act Responsibly - We are responsible for our actions and the
consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! - We are serious about making work fun; it's the way
we do things
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in
furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Equipment Depot, Louisville , Heavy Truck Specialist, Other , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!