Training CDL-A Driver
Company: McLane - Foodservice
Posted on: February 23, 2021
TRUCK DRIVER TRAINEE
721 Taylor Rd. Frankfort, KY 40601
A teammate in this position learns the essential functions of the
Driver job including the accurate and timely distribution of
products to various customer locations. The Driver Trainee gains
exposure to warehouse and other operational functions as part of
the developmental process of becoming a McLane Driver.
- FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CLASS A CDL LICENSE
- Trainee pay $15.95 / hour After 4 months $17.55
- Benefits will be available to you from your first day!
- Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle
lines to secure.
- Operates truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local,
state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and
submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Operates Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery
receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
- Inspects trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged
transport of product.
- Rides and trains with Driver Trainer of tractor-trailer to
various destinations, gaining knowledge of commercial driving
regulations and observing the Driver s skill in starting engine
properly, approaching intersections, making turns, backing,
parking, and maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT
regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and
- Assists the Driver in unloading trailer and delivering product
into customer premises.
- Provides customer service including on-time delivery of
undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer
- CDL-A Required
- Trainee Pay $15.95/HR, $17.55/HR After 4 Months
- Day 1 Benefits
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and
- Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver
ALL products that may be ordered by McLane customers.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and
stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify
quantities of product.
- Able to communicate with customers, management, and other
- Able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled dolly,
ramp, and on board PeopleNet devices.
Details are subject to change at any time. Please call for current
offers and information. Associated topics: brand new driver,
earning your class a, entry level, inexperienced, new career,
recent graduate, student driver, student driving, student truck
driving, truck driver intern
Keywords: McLane - Foodservice, Louisville , Training CDL-A Driver, Professions , Crestwood, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!