Company: Louisville Geek
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Security Analyst will plan, implement, upgrade and monitor
security protocols for the protection of the organization and its'
clients computer networks and information.
- Collaborates with users and clients to discuss computer data
access needs, identify security threats and violations and to
identify and recommend needed programming or process changes.
- Uses data encryption, firewalls and other appropriate security
tools and applications to conceal and protect transfers of
confidential digital information.
- Implements plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or
unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure while
adhering to emergency data processing needs.
- Reviews violations of security procedures and provides training
to ensure violations do not recur.
- Monitors and restricts access to sensitive, confidential, or
other high-security data.
- Modifies security files and applications as able and necessary
to provide specialized access, allow new software to be installed
or integrated, or correct errors.
- Assists in performing risk assessments, audits and tests to
ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and
- Safeguards system security and improves overall server and
network efficiency by training users and promoting security
- Determines when to update virus protection systems by
monitoring current reports of computer viruses; facilitates or
performs needed updates.
- Comply with all organization business policies, workflow
processes and documentation practices.
- Document all work performed in the company's time and ticket
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of
security software applications and tools.
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems
including firewalls, encryption, and password protection and
- Strong communication skills with the capacity of engaging in
client facing meetings, conversations and presentations.
- Ceaseless desire to deliver unsurpassed customer service and
maintain knowledge and understanding of new technologies.
- Organized with attention to detail.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Programming or a related
- At least two years of experience in computer systems with some
specialization in computer security preferred.
About Louisville Geek:
Louisville Geek maintains an atmosphere both collaborative and team
oriented. In that spirit, we host a variety of cultural initiatives
including seasonal events, on- and off-site get togethers, raffles
and more. In addition to those events, Louisville Geek caters meals
for all in-office employees on Fridays. Some other fun perks are
free coffee, pinball and popcorn machines, a full dining room, a
cell phone call booth for privacy, a dedicated room for nursing
mothers, hand sanitization stations throughout the facility,
refrigerators, microwaves, designated gender neutral bathrooms,
wheelchair accessibility in all key locations, an outdoor dining
and smoking patio, treadmill, exercise bike and more in our
lovingly restored historic former distillery!
Further, many roles within the organization include access to
benefits such as health insurance, a 401k with employer matching,
paid time off, an Employee Assistance Program, life insurance,
short-term disability insurance and other options. Please speak
with your interviewer to understand how or if these benefits are
applicable to the role for which you are applying.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Louisville Geek, Louisville , Security Analyst, Professions , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!