Construction Safety Manager - Louisville, KY
Company: Sheakley Group, Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Sheakley Workforce Management Services is currently seeking a
Safety Manager for a position in Louisville, KY. Our client is one
of the country's leading heavy highway and bridge contractors.The
ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the highway and
bridge construction industries.Full-time direct hire position with
benefits.Relocation assistance is available.Vehicle Allowance
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the Company Safety and Health
Program at various project locations in the Louisville region and
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for reducing
and eliminating injuries, illness and other incidents in a manner
that effectively ensures the attainment of business unit targets
- Provide training and education to Company personnel regarding
safety and health requirements.
- Support pre-job safety planning meetings to plan for potential
hazards and problems prior to start of job, and develop emergency
response plans for projects. Develop work safety and health plans
on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Initiate, coordinate and lead safety meetings and training
programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy
- Independently initiate, perform and document safety and health
audits, evaluations, inspections and/or behavioral observations
throughout the Company's operations and communicate and facilitate
the implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist in the investigation of injury, illness and general
- Develop and issue regular safety and health
- Provide updated information to team members regarding updates
to company or regulatory requirement changes.
- Self-identify team members that need assistance, training, or
support meeting the Company safety and health requirements.
- Coordinate project safety programs with subcontractors, vendors
and third-party personnel to ensure adherence to Company safety
policies and procedures.
- Serve as a point of contact for any federal, state or municipal
safety or risk management authority and/or personnel, including but
not limited to OSHA, when the Company Safety Manager is not
- 7+ years of construction management experience
- Bachelors degree in safety is preferred.
- BCSP certification preferred. Ideally a CHST
- The safety manager on a heavy highway or bridge project
- Needs experience managing ironworkers, and painters, and
experience being ON TOP of a bridge
- You must understand working on railroads NOT just around them.
Familiar with active railroad and proper terms for starting and
- OSHA 500 and/or OSHA 510
- Solid knowledge of EHS standards, industry regulatory standards
in construction, with the ability to communicate such standards to
- 10 years safety and health experience.
- Excellent public speaking abilities.
- Energetic, ambitious, assertive and an excellent
- OSHA outreach training experience preferred.
- Able to meet deadlines, work independently without direct
supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- OSHA and regulatory safety training experience.Skills,
Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high
level of confidentiality
- Outgoing personality, self-motivated
- Excellent customer service, telephonic, electronic, and written
communication skills. Analyze and recommend improvements for safe
work practices, policies and training programs.
- Technical experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office
products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Organization, attention to detail, flexibility and strong
ability to multi-task interfacing multiple client situations on any
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment without direct
supervision. Must embrace a team based, initiative driven
- Effectively work with others to build consensus and
- Work conditions are typically warehouse, clinical,
manufacturing facilities, construction projects, and field
conditions. May require working after hours, occasional weekend to
respond to emergency or non-emergency situationsThis job
description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee
will also perform other reasonably related business duties as
assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as
required. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and
employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal
opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading,
promoting and training and to administer these activities in a
manner which will not discriminate against any person because of
race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin,
disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Sheakley Group, Inc, Louisville , Construction Safety Manager - Louisville, KY, Professions , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!