HVAC Service Technician
Company: NRG Energy
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At NRG, we're bringing the power of energy to people and
organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we
do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and
natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio
of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United
States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while
advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice,
working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is
available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn
and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.AirtronHeating and Air, an
NRGcompany,has established itself as one of the leading providers
of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC). We
provide an all-encompassing approach to HVAC solutions, from
professional installations of premium products to comprehensive
service plans, so systems work at their peak efficiency to provide
customer comfort at the lowest cost. With more than 40 years of
experience in the cooling and heating industry we have the
knowledge and skills that allow us to stand firmly behind our
work.We are currently seeking a HVAC Service Technician for our
Louisville,KY location!Job Summary:
- The HVAC Service Technician will deliver exceptional HVAC
service and maintenance on residential heating and air conditioning
systems under the direction of the HVAC Service Supervisor and
Operations Management to ensure all work is performed
- Maintain and repair heating and air equipment.
- Inspect and maintain ducting and company materials/equipment
within a serviceable condition.
- Identify, wire, and start-up complete residential systems.
- Troubleshoot, recommend, and resolve/repair all issues to keep
equipment functioning properly.
- May perform start-ups, testing & recording results for each
system during start-up to ensure the system is functioning
- Perform proper inspection of system and inform
dispatch/customer of any outstanding concerns.
- Explain each service and repair performed to
- Directly coordinate with office for day-to-day work
- Facilitates order for all parts required for appointments and
ensure preparedness for the day of service.
- Transport parts, materials and tools to the job site and
provide proper accounting of assigned items.
- Completes all paperwork/tablet neatly and timely as
- Debrief all service(s) provided with dispatch/customer after
each service call with respective documentation.
- Inspection of area for cleanliness after job completion.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and
organization, both inside and out.
- Abiding by ALL company standards of performance and code of
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and
- Ensure all foot ware has protective floor savers while working
in client homes.
- Follows safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.* Duties may vary by location.Minimum
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ HVAC service experience
- EPA Certification
- Solder/Brazing skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively, both
verbally and in writing
- Beginner computing skills and able to use a computer, laptop or
- Basic proficiency in navigating the internet and email software
such as Microsoft Outlook
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to work overtime with little notice; weekend hours may
occasionally be requiredPreferred Qualifications:
- HVAC trade school certification
- 1-2 years' experience in construction, HVAC or related
experienceAdditional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness to learn and be a part of a team
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Ability to build positive relationships with customers, both
internal and external
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively with all levels
of the organization.
- Related work experience may be substituted for education.
- Safety mindset and acceptance of a safety cultureWorking
- Majority of work will take place at occupied residential homes
and/or construction sites. Minimal time spent in an office
- Travel by vehicle to and from work locations
- Regularly exposed to construction environments involving
equipment, elevated work areas, confined spaces, noise, dust,
hazardous materials and odors
- Comfortable working both indoors and outdoors, exposed to all
weather conditions (including heat, rain, cold and wind) while
wearing appropriate PPEPhysical Requirements:
- Must be able to drive and operate a motorized passenger vehicle
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Frequently performs tasks requiring climbing, bending at the
waist, crawling, kneeling, crouching
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairways,
and occasionally work on platforms/scaffolding (using the
appropriate fall protection requirements)
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment
(PPE) including but not limited to hard hat, safety glasses, ear
plugs, masks/respirators, reflective safety vests, gloves and
safety toe, construction-grade work boots
- Must be able to adhere to long periods of standing, walking or
- Ability to hear, understand and distinguish speech and/or other
sounds to operate phones or other equipment safely.
- With natural or corrected vision, able to see and focus for
close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken
word to impart oral information to others
- Ability to enter text or data into a hand-held device or
computer by means of a traditional keyboard or 10-key numeric
- Must be able to use arms and hands to reach overhead, signal,
grab, hold, lift, turn, push and pull objects and toolsWhy NRG is a
great place to work:
- Great company culture!! Voted as a BEST employer by Forbes
- A competitive total compensation package, including annual
incentive and/or commission
- Benefits on the first day of employment -Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance, etc. * Physical requirements may vary by
location.NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free
workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable
collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic
random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion
drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran
Status/DisabilityEEO is the Law Poster(The poster can be found at
Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's
experience or skills.Official description on file with Talent.
Keywords: NRG Energy, Louisville , HVAC Service Technician, Professions , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!