Housing Support Technician
Company: Volunteers of America Mid-States
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Volunteers of America Mid-States (VOA) is a non-profit organization spanning four states that creates positive change in the lives of individuals and communities through a ministry of service. We provide housing for families, veterans, and low-income seniors. - We provide care and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, healing accountability that brings people together with restorative justice, and free HIV testing and education. - When Volunteers of America was founded in 1896, "volunteer" referred to anyone who served others as a vocation through a commitment to a mission. Today, we are still staffed by paid, mission-driven professionals working to create positive change and build thriving communities. - Flexibility, teamwork, and fun are some of the reasons our employees are proud to work at VOA! - We offer a comprehensive benefits package to employees who meet eligibility requirements. -
PROGRAM: - - - - FES/TH Unity House - - - - - - - -STATUS: Full-time
POSITION: - - - - - Housing Support Tech -
REPORTS TO: - - HST Supervisor
The HST is responsible for monitoring the functional operations of the homeless residential programs (FES and TH) and facility. The HST's primary responsibility is safety and security of programs and clients.
The position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. - Two years post-secondary education preferred. - Prior experience in residential homeless (or equivalent) program required. Knowledge/Experience working with individuals in crisis/low-income preferred. - Proficient oral/written /computer skills required. - Valid driver's license and good driving record required. - Must have ability to be CPR/First Aid certified, upon 30 days of employment.
1. Maintain operational control of the facility in the absence of senior staff (including assisting with coverage on Holidays as assigned).
2. Oversee operations at the front desk including answering the phone, providing referrals, monitoring the cameras, completing telephone intakes, assisting with client requests, monitoring front door, client medication, crisis intervention, etc.
3. Ensure client's compliance with Volunteers of America policies and house rules.
4. Maintain chronological written records of events that occur during the shift.
5. Maintain client sign-in/sign-out log.
6. Assist with conducting Drug Screenings as assigned.
7. Assist with completing initial intake paperwork with new families.
8. Check chores daily and assist with oversight of supplies needed for chores including supplies needed in all restrooms (soap, toilet paper, etc).
9. Ensure that the facility is prepared for tours.
10. Assist in directing volunteer efforts and training volunteers as assigned including working with special groups. - This includes providing direct oversight for volunteers while on site as assigned.
11. Conduct hourly walk-throughs of the facility and its grounds (including checks of all resident rooms twice daily).
12. Monitor number of clients in facility and their behavior.
13. Complete required documentation.
14. Attend training as assigned.
15. Participate in HST team meetings and staff meetings as scheduled.
16. Monitor all mealtimes.
17. Assist in the kitchen as assigned.
18. Provide transportation as assigned.
19. Provide childcare as assigned.
20. Monitor playroom/Children's Learning Lab daily (as assigned).
21. Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI -Committee.
22. Provide some case management support (ex. obtain documents needed from -clients/coping) as assigned.
23. Monitor security systems and assist with drills/inspections as assigned. -
24. Assist with facilitation of educational and recreational groups/community meetings weekly as assigned.
25. Observe and report maintenance needs and safety hazards. - -
26. Other duties as assigned.
--- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
--- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
--- Life Insurance
--- Long-Term Disability
--- Short Term Disability
--- Flexible Spending Accounts
--- Health Savings Accounts
--- Critical Illness
--- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
--- Employee Assistance Program
--- Paid Vacation Time (based on eligibility)
--- Paid Sick Time (based on eligibility)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Volunteers of America Mid-States, Louisville , Housing Support Technician, Professions , Louisville, Kentucky
here to apply!