Security Monitoring Analyst
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Security Monitoring Analyst Edinburgh or Bristol Competitive Salary Realistic Progression Opportunities Training & Development Award Winning Employee Share Plan Highly Competitive Company Pension Flexible Working 25 Days Holiday Excellent Working Culture Job Purpose The Global Security Operations team is responsible for delivering a comprehensive portfolio of technical security control and monitoring services across all of the global Computershare environments. The Security Monitoring Analyst performs complex information technology and cyber security analysis. The day-to-day tasks and activities are varied and include the monitoring of information technology security alerts to protect Computershare assets; working with the Security Engineering team to tune and enhance the technologies and; delivering incident detection and incident response capabilities in conjunction with the Cyber Threat Intelligence team. This role is part of a global team of information security professionals that deliver in-depth technical security services for our most critical applications and infrastructure to ensure that they are highly resilient against existing and emerging cyber security threats.
- Monitors security alert queues, investigate and triage events based on criticality and take direct, and indirect, threat mitigation action.
- Conducts network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various tools, such as IDS/IPS, DLP, AV, SIEM and Vulnerability Management tools.
- Correlates network activity across internal networks to identify trends of unauthorised use.
- Reviews alerts and data from sensors and documents formal, technical incident and event investigation reports.
- Identifies and resolves false positive findings in assessment results.
- Researches emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of network incidents.
- Understands and applies industry best practice and innovative thinking, to enhance existing, and develop new, monitoring and analytics processes.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with global and regional technology infrastructure, application, and architecture teams. Skills, Experience & Competencies
- Experience in performing first or second line security monitoring and analysis, as part of a SOC or NOC team, utilising industry recognised SIEM technologies (e.g. Splunk, LogRhythm).
- Understanding and experience in security technologies, such as, firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV, Vulnerability Management, Web and Email Content Filtering.
- Experience of working within, and developing, standard operating procedures and incident management run books.
- Proven ability to connect disparate data elements in order to identify patterns of behaviour in support of intelligence reporting.
- Possess, or working towards, professional or industry security certifications and have an understanding of the security principles outlined in OWASP, NIST and ISO27000.
- Be a self-starter, be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks, and work well under pressure with limited supervision both individually and at times, with other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex technical terms to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be able to adapt to a flexible working model, such as attending conference calls meetings outside of normal office hours and occasionally travelling to other local and international Computershare locations. A Truly Diverse Place to Work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone. We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. Specific Key Benefits of the Role
Computershare offers all employees 25 days holiday, excellent pension scheme, shareholder incentive plan, and a flexible employee benefits scheme. All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks. Computershare Investor Services PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Computershare Investor Services PLC is registered in England and Wales No and the registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE.
Keywords: Computershare, Louisville , Security Monitoring Analyst, Professions , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!