Company: Clariant Corporation
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company
based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF
6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees
across 53 countries. Clariant s portfolio is optimized for future
growth, with a focus in four business areas: Care Chemicals,
Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. We believe
that our growth is all about our customers and their success.
Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring
environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key
to reaching our goal. Join us and help create sustainable value
through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
The Maintenance Supervisor has leadership/oversight
responsibilities for the Maintenance team. Responsible for
performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot,
repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to
safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes
to support the achievement of the site's business goals and
* Provides leadership, oversight, and guidance to team members and
outside contractors, utilizing strong technical knowledge and
effective leadership principles.
* Responds to emergency situations in a safe, thoughtful, and
* Acts as point person for their respective team with regard to
quality assurance programs, performance, safety, environmental,
* Insists on safe and environmentally responsible work behaviors,
processes and methods.
* Functions as the liaison from Maintenance to Shift Leaders,
* Responsible to perform the maintenance lead functions from the
* Actively promotes continuous improvement activities.
* Willingly provides current, effective, and meaningful training to
team members and/or system operators.
* Facilitates daily team meetings.
* Expert utilization of work order systems and processes (e.g. SAP
* Communicates & orders parts through Maintenance Planner and/or
* Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent from college/university or
technical school; or more than 5 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
* Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
* Excellent attendance, performance, & safety record with a
demonstrated ability to approach safety issues proactively.
* Excellent mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn and apply
root cause analyses, lean and six sigma methodologies within an
industrial manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrate the ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions
* Demonstrate the ability to solve practical problems and deal with
a variety of situations where only limited standardization
Clariant ensures by adequate and documented processes, mechanisms,
and policies that all employees are treated equal irrespective of
gender, race, nationality, culture, religion, age, political views,
or disability. With regard to the zero-tolerance approach of
Clariant against any form of discrimination, regional and country
HR departments have to ensure avoidance or elimination of any
discrimination in work-related activities, particularly regarding
remuneration, training, vocational guidance, and social security.
Globally, the average basic salary of female employees was 96 % of
that of the average male employee in 2017.
Keywords: Clariant Corporation, Louisville , Maintenance Superintendent, Professions , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!