Patient Service Representative
Company: VITALSKIN PHYSICIAN MANAGEMENT LLC
Location: New Albany
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description VitalSkin Dermatology is growing and we are
looking to add a Patient Service Representative to one of your
clinics in New Albany, IN. This PSR may be asked to flex to our
Middletown Louisville location as needed. If you are looking for a
great opportunity with an up and coming company, we would welcome
your application!JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Manages and coordinating the
patient relationship by providing courteous, and professional
service in all interactions. Assignments include, appointment
scheduling, patient registration, point-of-service payment
collection, and other patient inquiry and problem resolution.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Qualifications
- High school graduate
- 2+ years customer service experience
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of customer service principles.
- Working knowledge of computer applications: word processing,
medical office management, and spread sheet.
- Ability to accurately record and transmit detailed
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and
- Ability to use tact and sensitivity to timing in personal
transactions.· Previous experience in operation of office systems:
personal computer, printers, copiers, fax, postage machine,
telephone systems. Preferred Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in a medical office or other healthcare
- Familiarity of third-party payer systems: Medicare, Medicaid,
commercial and Department of Health programs.Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting/standing and working at a
- Must be able to lift up to 15lbs at times Specific
Responsibilities: Performs all aspects of the front office, with
the following areas of emphasis:
- Greet arriving patients, providing a superior patient
- Obtain Authorizations, as required by payors, prior to patient
- Schedules patient appointments, completing on-demand
- Corrects any and all eligibility errors prior to patient being
- Verifies appointment information and notifies nursing staff in
accordance with procedure.
- Register and create record for new patients: assist patient in
completion of necessary forms and consents.
- Obtain and verifies current insurance information or other
financial information, as necessary.
- Request and record all co-payments, co-insurance, self-pay,
product sales, previous balances and monies received in the
- Updates patient demographic data in practice management
- Schedule and re-schedule return appointments according to
- Maintain continuity in communication supervisor regarding
expected telephone calls, pages, and potential patient
service-related problems and availability of medical and
- Check out services including performing scheduling,
authorization or payment collection in accordance to the
- Adhere to patient confidentiality and records release
- Utilize office equipment for copying and fax transmission of
- Maintain and balance individually assigned cash box with
- Perform end of day functions as assigned, including managing no
shows, missing charge reports, posting charges, balancing cash
receipts, and creating bank deposit.
- Manage automated reminder system, completing required follow-up
- Maintain daily appointment schedule; notifies nursing staff and
providers of changes.
- Prepare new patient packets for next day clinic.
- Utilize triage system for all patient related calls, in
accordance with triage procedures.
- Answers calls, resolving issues patient have including
scheduling, patient balances, if unable to resolve taking messages
and forward them to appropriate staff
- Create correspondence to patients who failed to keep
appointments in accordance with policy and provider request.
- Keeps Lobby, and front reception area cleanVitalSkin Core
ValuesHaving fun. We celebrate success and failure, we find humor
in our daily lives, we create a fun atmosphere, and we enjoy being
together. Being a team. We care for one another and build each
other up, we embrace diversity and inclusion, we collaborate, and
we serve one another – forming a strong family bond. Being
resilient. We expect the unexpected, we embrace the need to change,
`we are optimistic and grateful, and we are focused on our mission
and vision. Being accountable. We strive to provide value everyday;
we use data to continually improve, we continually evaluate
competing priorities, and we deliver exceptional results. Being
courageous. We are not afraid to be vulnerable, we have ideological
debates, we rise to the challenge, facing problems head-on, and we
make the tough decisions. Being entrepreneurial. We have an owner's
mentality, we set high goals, we strive to be a leader in our
industry, and we manage our business and financial risk.
Keywords: VITALSKIN PHYSICIAN MANAGEMENT LLC, Louisville , Patient Service Representative, Sales , New Albany, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!