Territory Sales Manager
Company: Gates Corporation
Posted on: May 19, 2019
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
Location: Louisville, KY United States
Job Type: Direct Hire
Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific
fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are
driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer
products that continually exceed expectations.
We don t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to
inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest
continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only
outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers demanding
expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world
experience that enables us to solve our customers diverse
challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are
constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service
offerings to support every facet of our customers operations. In
the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is
there with the right product, in the right place at the right time.
Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the
aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more
efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
Gates Corporation has an opportunity for a Territory Sales Manager
based in the Louisville, KY area. We re looking for an ambitious,
energetic person who wants to represent a world-class company and
be developed for future opportunities. You ll be selling automotive
products including belts, hoses, timing belts, and water pumps, to
name just a few. This position works from a home office and reports
to the Regional Sales Manager.
Travel required for within the given territory for this position is
50% - 70%. Most nights are at home.
* Responsible for sales ranging from $2 million to $3.5 million
* Research customer needs and develop application of products and
services in an effective manner to determine market strategies and
goals for each product and service.
* Research and develop lists of potential customers.
* Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and
technical developments and that effect target markets.
* Maintain an effective communication path with the customer to
ensure sales opportunities for products.
* Take responsibility for and making every effort to resolve
communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
* Implement distribution strategies to accelerate growth of new and
additional products and/or new markets.
* Monitor competitive environment to identify opportunities and
countermeasures to address competition.
* High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree a
* Sales experience or equivalent industry experience with strong
mechanical aptitude preferred.
* Must be a self-starter motivated to plan and manage their
territory and the customer needs.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal
presentation skills before both small and large groups.
* Demonstrated ability in problem solving with special emphasis on
closing the sale.
* Able to keep abreast of new technology trends and how they apply
to real world projects.
* Ability to communicate openly, honestly and constructively and
treat all customers with dignity and respect.
* Must be capable of bending, climbing ladders, and lifting,
carrying or otherwise moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds when
stocking supply room and store shelves.
* Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite
(Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Complete benefit package includes vacation, holidays, sick leave,
health insurance and 401K plan. Company vehicle, computer, iPhone
and expense account provided!
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race,
sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other
consideration defined by law.
Gates Corporation is an Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Gates Corporation, Louisville , Territory Sales Manager, Sales , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!